1. My blog 1 year anniversary! I can’t believe where the last year has gone! I started my blog just after my second child, my daughter, was born, whilst on maternity leave. I’m so happy I started it and am still writing and blogging, it makes me so happy. To celebrate I’ve set myself some new blogging goals which you can find here.
2. Back to school. Although bitter sweet, I was so proud of my son starting class 1 last week. He’s turned in to such a wonderful grown up boy. You’ll know if you read my blog that I’ve had mixed feelings about him going back to school. We had a bit of an emotional start (from both of us!) but he’s come out the other end and is doing us proud, as always.
3. Zoo fun. We’ve made good use of our zoo passes during the last couple of weeks, we’ve been 4 times! So we’ve already made a saving! I’m writing a post about our favourite day out at Paignton Zoo, we just love it! And the annual membership is so worth it!
4. My first attempt at a carrot cake. My boy requested I bake a carrot cake as it was his absolute ‘favourite’! So I slaved over this cake on and off all day – a true labour of love! When it came to the taste test from my boy, he said ‘mummy the nuts are too big!’ And wouldn’t eat it. Balloon burst right then…! So my hubby and I enjoyed it instead, and I have to say, it was really yummy! Not bad for a first go!
5. Booking our half term holiday. After our rained off camping trip this August, we were keen to make up for it and book an October half term break. So we took the plunge and booked a week in a ‘budget’ caravan at ‘St Ives Bay Holiday Park’ in Cornwall. It’s lovely to have something to look forward to.