Thank you Kirsty from somethingcrunchymummy! I Really enjoyed writing this and thinking about all the things as a mum I do. There are so many! Once I started writing I couldn’t stop!
I am the mum who…
- Checks your seatbelt at least twice before we go anywhere.
- Obsessively ensures every millimetre of your body is completely sun creamed with at least factor 50!
- Comes in to see you every night before I go to bed to check your ok, turn out your light and blow you a kiss.
- Smells your hair as we cuddle and breathes you in.
- Is always behind the camera, taking lots and lots of pictures.
- Sheds a tear when I watch you sing and dance.
- Makes sure you get a bedtime story every night.
- Insists on making your breakfast and getting you dressed, as it’s the little things that matter.
- Plays on the trampoline with you.
- Tells you I love you at night and doesnt leave until you tell me you love me too.
- Has to comfort you if you have hurt yourself or are sad, even if you’ve already been comforted by daddy or nanny.
- Makes sure your sheets are always clean and crisp.
- Let’s you have a bath or shower even if you don’t need one because I know you love playing in the water.
- Gives in to you when you want something, more than I really should.
- Feels guilty all the time for not being there as much as I would like.
- Is always in wonder and amazement at your ability to turn any object in to something to play with in your imaginative world!
- Enjoys a good old tickle fight.
- Is proud of how amazing you are with your sister, so patient and kind (mostly!).
- Makes sure you always have your blanket as I know you still love it and need it.
- Would rather be with you outside, preferably by the beach, than anywhere else.
I nominate the following lovelies:
Liz at workingmummyandlife
Chloe at life unexpected
Becky at Cuddlefairy
Stevie at Acornishmum
Caro at thetwinklediaries
Laura at LauraSummers