1. Seeing my mummy friends for a catch up. It’s been great having some time off from work, not only because I get to be with my kids, but I’ve got to spend some time with my mummy friends, whom I miss dearly. Having had lunch every Tuesday for many months together, I’ve been missing out since returning to work. So it was a lovely treat to join them again with my little lady. All our babies are the same age (give a week of few) and they will all be turning one soon so it was lively yo see them.
2. Taking my boy to the park. Something so simple I know, but we hardly ever do this really. There’s a lovely park in a town near where I live, quite a lot bigger than our village park, so I enjoy taking him there for a change. My boy had a great time running around and trying out all the new ‘exercise’ themed play equipment.
3. Having my niece to stay. My boy and my niece have been going on about a sleepover, ever since it was mentioned months ago. So we set a date for over the Easter hols. I had my boy ringing in my ears for days leading up to ‘sleepover night’, ‘when’s she going to be here mum? How much longer mum?’ It’s the first time one of my boys cousins have stayed for a sleepover (or anyone actually) and it was a great success. A bit of a late night, but I think that’s expected! They chatted and giggled until 9pm, so cute listening to them from downstairs.
4. My hubby taking my boy out for a boys afternoon. I encouraged my hubby to book a Forest School like afternoon over the school holidays, for just him and our boy, so they could have some special time together. It melt my heart seeing the two of them go off together, bug catcher in tow. They had an absolutely amazing time and had made a woodland elf house in the woods that they enjoyed telling me about when they got home.
5. Going to Cornwall on holiday! On Friday last week we went to Cornwall for our short easter break away together. We had collected the holiday tokens from ‘The Western Morning News’ for Park Dean and booked 3 nights at their Sea Acres Caravan Park down in the Lizard Peninsula. We went to the same caravan park last year, not long after my baby girl was born, and had had an amazing time. So we were very excited to be returning. Watch out for my Cornwall post coming soon!
This is a picture of my hubby reading my boy a bedtime story in the caravan.