Thank you so much to http://www.twinmummyyummy.co.uk for nominating me for a Liebster award. Needless to say I was just an ickle bit excited!! I had heard of this but was completely thrown as to what it actually meant, what the exact rules were, etc. so I read twinmummyyummy’s Liebster award first to check out what I needed to do, but also to read the answers to all her questions following her nominations (I believe she had 3!). It’s taken me a couple of days to get round to doing mine and it’s actually harder than you think!
The rules to the Liebster Award are:
1. Acknowledge the blog that has nominated you and display the Liebster Award on your blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, with less than 200 Twitter followers or who haven’t received a Liebster Award before.
5. Let those bloggers know they have been nominated.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
So, here goes, these are my answers to twinmummyyummy’s questions:
1. What is the most adventurous thing I’ve done?
There’s probably more than one. Not because I’m uber adventurous or extreme (!) but because there’s a few of the same level of my adventurousness! The one that I enjoyed the most is the one that springs to mind. So the most adventurous thing I think I’ve done is ski down a black slope in France. This was only my third time skiing so I think it’s quite a feat. I found the experience both terrifying and exhilarating. I had a completely no fear moment as I launched myself off the top of the slope. So I guess this warrants it as ‘adventurous’.
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have been?
This is easy. The Maldives. My husband and I went to the island of Filitheyo for our honeymoon and it is the most beautiful place I have seen. It really is just like how it looks in the pictures. Powdery white sand and turquoise water. The island we stayed on had its own coral reef so the tropical fish were in abundance. When I’m feeling down this is my happy place.
3. If you could do one thing tomorrow that you have always dreamed of doing, what would it be?
This is a hard one, so I had to think a bit about my answer. I think I would somehow get myself and my hubby to that Maldivian island again, on the beach, barefoot, to renew our vows. Hopefully this is something we will do one day.
4. If you won a car, what would you do with it?
Simple, I would keep it. I hire a car through work so I would give that one back and save myself some pennies! I realise I haven’t considered it might not be a very good car but I’m assuming it would be!
5. What is your favourite drink?
This is easy, Gin and Tonic.
(I also like sparkling wine and of course some non alcoholic drinks too!)
6. Who is the first person you go to in your times of need?
Has to be my husband for most things. I do keep a lot to myself so probably don’t turn to him enough though.
7. What is the one goal you have not yet met, but are working to achieve?
Okay, either to be a SAHM (stay at home mum), have a job that enables me to work from home or work my butt off to achieve mine and my husbands dream to live on a small holding! Sorry I’m crap at sticking to just one!
8. Do you think you’ll move house again?
Yes definitely! We have a lovely family home but it’s not somewhere I see myself or my family long term. It was always supposed to be our first step on the ladder, something to do up, sell and move, even though we’re still here 7 years later! We’re hoping to have an extension this year to increase our downstairs space as we only have one reception room which is on the small side and it gets pretty cramped with two children. Then after a few years fingers crossed well look for something that’s the next step up for us and our family.
9. If you only had time to save one thing in your home, what would it be?
Well obviously after my family and pets!!?? It would have to be our box of memory cards of all our photos of the children, our wedding, etc. older pictures that are printed are in a heavy suitcase so would take more effort. If I had time I would save these too but if I had to prioritise it would be the memory cards.
10. In your life what brings you the most happiness?
My children. They give me purpose and motivation. They make me prouder than anything else I’ve ever achieved. They make me happy every day.
11. Where is your happy place?
Answered in question 2 I guess. The Maldives is my happy place. Although my happiest place where I can realistically (!) is either at home with my husband and children or The Lizard in Cornwall (such happy memories there with my husband).
My 11 random facts about me:
1. I used to be able to play the piano and flute
2. I used to sing and dance in pantomimes as a young lass
3. I wanted to be a Copywriter or novelist when I was at school
4. I met my husband when I was 16 but didn’t get married to him until I was 30
5. IF I could afford to I would have more children and be a SAHM
6. I wear glasses and have done since I was 6 months old! and had several eye operations as a young child
7. I suffer from PND (post natal depression)
8. I love photography and am always snap happy behind the camera. I could probably do this for a living.
9. I have just started to train for a 10k run, hoping to complete a half marathon in a year or two.
10. I suffer from severe asthma
11. My favourite hobbies are keeping fit, baking and knitting (wish I could crochet too). In my dreams my favourite hobbies are horse riding and skiing!!
My 11 questions To the bloggers I nominate are:
1. Why did you start writing your blog? And what inspires you to write?
2. What is your first childhood memory?
3. If you could do one job for a day, what would it be?
4. if you could have one super power for a day what would it be and why?
5. If you had to be an animal what would it be and why?
6. What’s the best thing about being you?
7. What is your favourite blog and why?
8. If you were stranded on a desert island what one item would you take with you? (Can’t be family!)
9. When are you at your most relaxed?
10. How would you best friend describe you?
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I now nominate: